LAURA REES — THE GIRL BEHIND THE CAMERA
1. Hi, I’m Laura. I’m a photographer living in a small town just outside of London, Ontario, but I’m willing to travel to capture special moments. I specialize in wedding and lifestyle photography and I am so excited you’re here!
2. My friends call me Lo.
3. I’m a cryer. I cry when I’m happy. I cry when I’m sad. I cry when I’m mad (I actually wish this wasn’t the case because it makes you seem weak when you’re not). I cry at my best friend’s wedding. I cry at strangers’ weddings. Heck, I’ll probably cry at your wedding.
4. I think emotion is such a beautiful thing to experience and to capture. I believe it should be embraced and celebrated, not downplayed.
5. I believe that I am creating with my clients, not for my clients. After all, without you I wouldn’t be creating anything at all.
6. I’m navigating this crazy thing we call life with my partner Peter. He’s my best friend, my in-house comedian, my business guru and my second shooter.
7. I’m not a regular mom, I’m a dog mom. Peter and I are the proud parents of two pups — Mabel the mini poodle and Maple the beagle-sheltie. Yes, you read that right, Mabel and Maple. We named them separately before we became one big happy dog-loving family.
8. Speaking of moms, my mom (and dad) are the coolest. I’m lucky to have an incredibly supportive family who have shaped me into the person I am today.
Likes: overcast weather, coffee, hot sauce, The Mindy Project, pickles, Fall, Miss Vickie’s jalapeño chips, being an aunt, blue jeans, tequila, antiques, fresh flowers, thin crust pizza, making cocktails, every single dog I have ever met, red wine, sharing a meal family-style, hosting friends
Dislikes: goat cheese, turbulence, umbrellas, distance, the fear of the unknown, small bugs, hoppy beer